Rules and Etiquette of this forum

Read these rules before you post anything on this board.
Frank Murch
Site Admin
Your Location: San Diego

Rules and Etiquette of this forum

Post by Frank Murch »

These rules are here for your safety and my sanity

- DO NOT make offensive posts. References to the following topics are not allowed: bodily fluids, dental tools, MAC, MATCO, or my wife

- Do unto others, as you’d have others do unto you. Be polite and courteous at all times. You are not communicating with a computer screen, but with a fellow tool enthusiast. just like you. So, always think of the person on the receiving end of your messages.

- You cannot swear while inside the site limits of Collectingsnapon.com. If you cannot control yourself, you will be banished to the Craftsman site

- All posts must be nominally related to tools or large donations to the web master.

- Flaming wars. The biggest problem with forums is that everybody is anonymous. This tends to make people snooty and argumentative. Please avoid posting deliberately controversial or annoying comments. Remember the other poster is actually your best friend toying with you to see if they can get a raise out of you.

- Lowest common denominator Law. This law states that as a posting and the replies grows the chances of referencing Hitler or discussions about the possibility your parents were not married increases to 100%. Politics, Pedigree and bathing habits will absolutely not be tolerated, unless forum owner happens to agree with you.

- Posts that create erroneous Google search results will be removed.

- Avoid topic drift. If the topic is a 9/32 socket and you want to talk about a roofing gun: start a new post

- Teenagers – Unfortunately teenagers are still allowed on the internet. This introduces 2 problems for the forum 1) funny contractions and use of characters: This is an English only forum and dialects from other planets are not allowed. Also 2) Stupidity – particularly with electricity or sharp tools is prohibited while posting on this forum. Ignorance is allowed (Ignorance is the material the foundation of the site is built on)

- Don’t use all CAPS in your posts. It tends to lead to flaming wars

- Respect the forum owner – Because I own the forum, and have a very weak heart, and my doctor tells me one flaming war will send me to Mass General intensive care and the 2nd to Rolling Meadows Plot 1654.

- Pictures – Nobody actually reads this forum – use pictures wherever possible- Avoid images larger than 640x480.

- No persons may sell "blow-out nuts" on this forum.

- The game of crackaloo is illegal, banded and will not be tolerated

- The written word is hard to interpret. sometimes responses can come across as mean or rude, even when you did not intend them this way. Be careful

- Don’t break any laws - The number one rule is to keep Frank out of jail

- Like all tools, Edged tools have produced some wonderful moments, but are dangerous things to handle, and not infrequently do much harm. Be careful.