Small tool box with corrugated liner.

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Scottcc
Your Location: Martinsburg, WV

Small tool box with corrugated liner.

Post by Scottcc »

I don't think the box was meant for the gauges or the sticker. It's in good condition and I'm curious what tools would have came with it. Perhaps a general purpose box sold alone?
20200115_194146-COLLAGE.jpg
20200115_194146-COLLAGE.jpg (182.41 KiB) Viewed 713 times
J.A.F.E.
Your Location: Mojave desert

Re: Small tool box with corrugated liner.

Post by J.A.F.E. »

I have that box (minus the sticker) with a vacuum/fuel pressure gauge and accessories I bought new as a set. Mine came with white foam liner instead of the corrugated.

No doubt the box could have been purchased separately.
Scottcc

Post by Scottcc »

Thanks, then the guages makes sense. The back of the box says KRA128 Kenoshaw Winsc, 68. Possibly the original Snap-on fuel pressure/vacuum guage, with a piece of red fabric floating around in it. Also a Blue-Point tire guage. The currigate could have been added to replace the foam.
Scottcc

Post by Scottcc »

The fuel pressure gauge looks exactly like a compression guage, is there a reason not to use it to test engine compression?
J.A.F.E.
Your Location: Mojave desert

Post by J.A.F.E. »

Your box being from 68 would be a little older than mine and Snap-on may have switched from corrugated to foam in that time. Some of the pieces in the pic are part of the vacuum gauge/pressure gauge set.

Nice piece and nice piece to have.