Distrib u Scope Machine

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
dwophofo
Your Location: new bedford ma

Distrib u Scope Machine

Post by dwophofo »

I have a Snap on Distrib u Scope Machine that I am missing the chuck that drives the distributor. Does anyone out there have one or could point me in the right direction to find one.
Does anybody have a machine like mine that could take me a photo and give me the number off the chuck so I know what I am looking for.
Attached is a photo from the Snap on catalog from 1963 for the machine I have.
Attachments
1963-Industrial-Catalog-63P-p128 - Copy.jpg
1963-Industrial-Catalog-63P-p128 - Copy.jpg (123.01 KiB) Viewed 831 times
S-O points
Your Location: Midwest

Re: Distrib u Scope Machine

Post by S-O points »

Hi dwophofo, Read your post in search of a distributor machine drive chuck.I believe S-O's electronics are based on Weidenhoff machines since snap on purchased them in late 1940's or 50's. There was a chuck on EBay awhile back. Keep in mind that there is generally an offset drive pin in bottom of these machines ( Allen, Sun, Weidenhoff,Electro,likely Snap On) which aligns for doing flathead Ford distributors. Hope this helps. I will check some sources.
SpeedyEd
Your Location: Upstate NY

Post by SpeedyEd »

I have a MT-605A, it doesn't have the addition on the top. What is that anyway?
The chuck is a three jaw with the #605 3 stamped on the face. There is a roll pin through the back side that is driven by the machine. It is 2" dia.
I can take photos if you need.
I'm am looking for a parts diagram or list. The bearing on the drive shaft started to get noisy.
I acquired this machine in 1971 & still use it.
SpeedyEd
Triple O
Your Location: Chicago Illinois

Post by Triple O »

IMG_20201103_205458_2.jpg
IMG_20201103_205458_2.jpg (172.88 KiB) Viewed 515 times
I have one of these and the machine isn't working well after a short un used period. I see there is a pair of Ign points inside, WTH? Does anyone have service information about this machine?