Question regarding KR-557B toolbox

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
TudorTom
Your Location: Kansas

Question regarding KR-557B toolbox

Post by TudorTom »

I asked this question on another forum (without a response yet) and thought I'd present it here too, albeit in more succinct fashion.

I have a KR-557B roller cabinet which presently has KR-274 side lockers hanging off both ends (the kind with 3 shallow drawers on top and a single shelf/empty space below). I'd like to replace them with ones that have a full column of drawers (and which obviously weigh substantially more).

I haven't seen this done before -- and not sure if that's for good reason or not. I also don't how much weight the KR-557 is designed/intended to bear on either side of its exterior, and don't want to inadvertently over-stress the cabinet. Snap-On HQ hasn't been helpful so far in getting me an answer to this question.

Do any of you guys have experience/more detailed knowledge about this and/or care to weigh in?
HLAV1
Your Location: INDIANA

Re: Question regarding KR-557B toolbox

Post by HLAV1 »

That is going to be the opposite of what you think, more drawers in the cabinet might weigh more as an empty cabinet, but once you start loading them up it will be less. You can get bigger and heavier things on those shelves than you can in the small drawers. But either way if your question is can the main box or side box hold the weight then yes it can easily. The big question is are there slots in the sides of the cabinet that can hold the drawer slides for extra drawers?