KRA-62 info

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Blackarma
Your Location: Texas

KRA-62 info

Post by Blackarma »

Hey guys, I’m new here. Need to see if I can find info on a snap on tool box I recently acquired, KRA-62. Long story short, looking to pickup some side jobs doing automotive work. I’ve been upgrading my arsenal of tool from Craftsman to Snap on. In my upgrading found myself with small boxes that would end me carrying two maybe three boxes. I came across this one second hand for a steal. With previous browsing of this forum I was able to find the stamp. Looks like this might have been an 81 model. However anytime I look up this model it looks slightly different. The drawers look flipped and the snap on emblem is an older one.
Dont’t know if these were popular, but this has enough space as the craftsman small stacked chest I have that I have out grown. It definitely thicker than my other brand boxes.

Any info will help and will post again in restore to get info on paint and lock.
Attachments
KRA-62
KRA-62
496E01EF-170D-4836-B602-193B7F6BE476.jpeg (112.07 KiB) Viewed 491 times
rustynuts
Your Location: Ontario

Re: KRA-62 info

Post by rustynuts »

The Snap-on name plate is a 70's era design so 1981 sounds about right.
Blackarma
Your Location: Texas

Re: KRA-62 info

Post by Blackarma »

Here is the stamp on the back end. Hard to find due to previous owner sprayed it.
Attachments
Kra62 back side
Kra62 back side
A1785675-4CAA-4342-8BE1-9AB079F048E0.jpeg (128.66 KiB) Viewed 461 times