Info please on this old tap and die set

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
Northoftheborder
Your Location: Canada

Info please on this old tap and die set

Post by Northoftheborder »

My father passed down to me this Blue Point tap and die set. I’m looking for any information of the year made and possibly how many sets were made. A couple of the dies are cracked or broken and I’m wondering if they can be replaced if possible. I’m leaning towards using it for display only and anyone with a possible estimate it would be greatly appreciated how much it would be worth. I tried to send a picture, but the file is too big. It’s a Bluepoint tap and die set number 9900E, size range is NC/NF and it’s in a wooden case with a divider shelf and it has 64 pieces. I believe it’s carbon steel. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.