Please Check This Out

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
foghorn
Your Location: Vancouver Island

Please Check This Out

Post by foghorn »

Hi all. Could someone please tell me around what year this tester was made? It is in working condition and I have the cables it came with. I've had it for quite a few years and I would like to sell it so if someone could also tell me what they think I should ask for it that would be great. Thank you all for your time.
back.JPG
back.JPG (41.86 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
front.jpg
front.jpg (32.53 KiB) Viewed 3099 times
snapmom

Re: Please Check This Out

Post by snapmom »

I would guess the age to be in the early 50s, due to the logos.. Its a hard item to find, but not a huge demand for it. Very hard to put a price on it, due to very little sale history. Nice item to have in your shop.
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

I thought it would make a nice addition for someone that collects Snap On/Blue Point. I have never seen another one like it and I have done alot of looking, so I'm thinking it could be quite rare. Anyone else?
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

Hasn't anyone seen one of these? I can't believe it. Is it that rare?
daviddiag
Your Location: Florida

Post by daviddiag »

Rare, yes. Valuable no. There is very little demand for vintage analog meters and test equipment. Some things are still usable but modern digital meters are so much more accurate and reliable, that few would use these.

They are not really collectable as they were pretty much shop tools. Vintage car guys may like to display with their old cars.
Yours is interesting in that it has "Ford coil test" switch that may have been used to test Model-T vibrator coils.

Hang on to It, as such things may become collectable at some point. I hope so, as I have a variety of such things. I have never seen one like yours, and I'm old!
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

Ya, I was thinking someone might want it for a display more than trying to use it. Not everyone has one. A conversation piece more than anything.
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

Just putting this out there again to see if there is any interest. Nice to see the site back up and running.
Bill the Engineer
Your Location: Coastal Delaware, USA

Post by Bill the Engineer »

Have you considered donating it to the AACA museum in Hershey, PA? They have displays that could use things like this, plus they have an in-house shop to keep the cars in good condition.
foghorn

Post by foghorn »

No I haven't.