Help Identifying an Unopened Collector Box

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
MatthewJB
Your Location: United States

Help Identifying an Unopened Collector Box

Post by MatthewJB »

Hey everyone, I'm doing some research for a friend, and Snap-On reps referred me here.

A good friend has an unopened collectors edition Dale Earnhardt Sr. set, with the following model numbers listed on the box:

KR637 PAK
KR657 BPAB

We're not entirely sure which model it is because his father bought it back in 1995, and he's since passed. The cardboard box is wrapped in plastic and on top of a pallet. The dimensions of the two boxes on top of one another is roughly 59" tall, 34" wide, and 19" deep.

In my research, it seems it is the following box, but I was hoping for confirmation and perhaps a valuation of what this would be worth brand new in the box. I'd appreciate any help you guys could provide. Thanks!

GeorgeJ
Your Location: New Jersey

Re: Help Identifying an Unopened Collector Box

Post by GeorgeJ »

Dear Fellow Snapon Enthusiasts,

I need a new or good condition top box Model KR637 in RED to complete my bottom box. Any help sourcing this would be greatly appreciated.

I bought the bottom when I was a part time body man during college and couldn't afford the full set. Now my old career is a hobby but my need for storage space has grown.
Scottcc
Your Location: Martinsburg, WV

Re: Help Identifying an Unopened Collector Box

Post by Scottcc »

MatthewJB wrote:Hey everyone, I'm doing some research for a friend, and Snap-On reps referred me here.

A good friend has an unopened collectors edition Dale Earnhardt Sr. set, with the following model numbers listed on the box:

KR637 PAK
KR657 BPAB

We're not entirely sure which model it is because his father bought it back in 1995, and he's since passed. The cardboard box is wrapped in plastic and on top of a pallet. The dimensions of the two boxes on top of one another is roughly 59" tall, 34" wide, and 19" deep.

In my research, it seems it is the following box, but I was hoping for confirmation and perhaps a valuation of what this would be worth brand new in the box. I'd appreciate any help you guys could provide. Thanks!

That is the 637/657 set. I have one from 1989, Pride of America series. I'm not sure what the value would be, but mine was $2600 in 1989 new. I wouldn't know if a Dale Earnhardt edition would add value. I wouldn't doubt there are a few fans that would pay a premium.