Help Sourcing Parts

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
BRChiver
Your Location: Louisiana

Help Sourcing Parts

Post by BRChiver »

Hey Everyone,
I've been a longtime owner and user of Snap-On Tools. I have my old L78 1-1/2" ratchet that's been the go to when everything else fails to get the job done but the internals are starting to show the years of hard work. I recently ran across another one that was barely used and got it at an awesome price but I would still love to find the L78-3 Gear and L78-4 Pawl to rebuild old trusty. The parts are discontinued and not available from Snap On anymore. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Bill61
Your Location: IN

Re: Help Sourcing Parts

Post by Bill61 »

I'm also interested in repair parts for the L-78 ratchet. I would like to know if anyone has ever found replacement screws as well?
Thanks!
HLAV1
Your Location: INDIANA

Re: Help Sourcing Parts

Post by HLAV1 »

Those are still warranted forever, if the parts are not made anymore they should have to replace the whole ratchet. Unless you are stuck on keeping that one and just want it fixed? Hand it to one of the guys on a truck and have them fix it or replace it. If they do not have parts and can't fix it then call Snap On and get an address to send it back to them and get it taken care of.