old flex ratchet 1961 need help

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
maggybuddy

old flex ratchet 1961 need help

Post by maggybuddy »

found this today in my inlaws garage as i was cleaning it out. been a journeyman GM tech for 29 years and don't recollect ever seeing a snap on head like this one. is this a mutt someone put together or a genuine snap on marriage? the handle is an f670 ,the guy engraved his initials on both and its been sitting a long time. has a code for 1961 on the handle.don't care about value just curious.also have an old blue point wrench ,no date stamps . any guess as to the age? any help is appreciated. again i'm just curious, don't care about value or ebay or anything like that.vrf 2-3 usn. is engraved on the wrench also.
Attachments
MVC-011S.JPG
MVC-011S.JPG (35.03 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
MVC-010S.JPG
MVC-010S.JPG (30.02 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
MVC-009S.JPG
MVC-009S.JPG (29.06 KiB) Viewed 1175 times
Fleetline

Re: old flex ratchet 1961 need help

Post by Fleetline »

I believe that to be a legitamet Snap-on ratchet. It looks to be 60's vintage. The OEX wrench in my oppinion dates to the early to mid 40's. The OEX series before it had raised print instead of stamped. Snap-on stamped OEX series wrenches debuted around 47-48.
maggybuddy

Re: old flex ratchet 1961 need help

Post by maggybuddy »

thank you very much fleetline for the response. i'm going to soak the head in a cup of trans fluid to get the crud out.it still works well but is worn and sloppy.the little wrench is next to the others i bought almost 30 years ago when i got into the auto mechanics trade.what a mistake that was, i'm about as worn out as the ratchet , and the saturn dealer i worked for for almost 15 years is gone with the dodo.