Questions about a Snap on tool kit

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
agmechjake

Questions about a Snap on tool kit

Post by agmechjake »

Does anyone have any info on this set? I read over on the GJ that it may have been a Christmas promo in 1983. The Blue Point claw hammer is a BC10 which isn't in any catalogs I have and doesn't show up in a catalog search on here. The hammer has a 1982 date stamp on the head and the SSDD42 screwdriver shank has a 1982 stamp which fits in with the Christmas promo idea.
I think it is missing a tool as well. Maybe slip joint pliers? There are two loops that have nothing in them except for the small white screwdriver that is a dealer giveaway.

Any help or thoughts appreciated.
DSCN6670.JPG
DSCN6670.JPG (239.41 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
DSCN6672 (1).JPG
DSCN6672 (1).JPG (218.92 KiB) Viewed 1155 times
agmechjake

Re: Questions about a Snap on tool kit

Post by agmechjake »

Have been told by a Snap on dealer in the 80's that the set is missing a pair of chrome approx. 6" Snap on slip-joint pliers, presumably Vacuum grip handles.
After a little catalog searching, there was a pair of Blue Point DK15 chrome 5" pliers . These seem to be the most logical pliers in my mind to go with the other Blue Point items included in the kit.
bsg
Your Location: southern california

Post by bsg »

i think the Bluepoint DK-15 would look about right in your kit. my example is 5 3/8" and hope that is helpful in your assessment of size compatibility within your storage pouch. i know that the catalogs listed the DK-15 to be 5". i suggest that you check ebay listings regularly for your pliers. they'll turn up sooner or later.
agmechjake

Post by agmechjake »

bsg wrote:i think the Bluepoint DK-15 would look about right in your kit. my example is 5 3/8" and hope that is helpful in your assessment of size compatibility within your storage pouch. i know that the catalogs listed the DK-15 to be 5". i suggest that you check ebay listings regularly for your pliers. they'll turn up sooner or later.
I have the Diamond ( the manufacturer of the DK-15) K15 pliers in there for now to fill the space till I find the Blue Points
bsg
Your Location: southern california

Post by bsg »

i'm a daily driver at an OldSchool swap meet open 7 days/week in so cal. it's big and lots of tools there. i'll keep my eyes open for the Bluepoint DK-15.
agmechjake

Post by agmechjake »

bsg wrote:i'm a daily driver at an OldSchool swap meet open 7 days/week in so cal. it's big and lots of tools there. i'll keep my eyes open for the Bluepoint DK-15.
That would be much appreciated
agmechjake

Post by agmechjake »

UPDATE:

A like new kit showed up on Ebay, the correct pliers are Snap on 45's not the Blue Point DK15.