Mystery Snap-On Ratchet

This is the place to ask questions about specific tools. Please search for other questions about your subject before you post a new one... it may already be here. Also, please include pictures if possible to make identification easier.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
MaddogXJ
Your Location: Michigan

Mystery Snap-On Ratchet

Post by MaddogXJ »

Hello All!

Looking for some help, I bought a tool collection and within in it was a 1/2" drive Snap-On Ratchet from the late 70s / early 80s. Unfortunately that is all I can determine, what has me confused is the handle. It seems like maybe it is a two piece handle because there is a hole right below the ratchet head and the handle shaft isn't round like most. Additionally the previous owner didn't help any because it appears they maybe cut the bottom of the handle off to machined a groove into it which one can only guess what that is for.

Please review the photos I shared and let me know your best guess as to what this ratchet originally was!...I can only hope it is super rare or maybe just super modified, haha.

Thanks!
Attachments
3.JPG
3.JPG (17.7 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
2.JPG
2.JPG (71.81 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
Wrench.JPG
Wrench.JPG (71.52 KiB) Viewed 2895 times
MaddogXJ
Your Location: Michigan

Re: Mystery Snap-On Ratchet

Post by MaddogXJ »

Mystery solved, it is the ratcheting part of a torque wrench! Best guess is the torque wrench broke and the previous owner didn't feel like doing a warranty claim or throwing away a good ratchet either.