Solutions for missing drawer KRA300D

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
dodgepu1946
Your Location: Minneapolis MN

Solutions for missing drawer KRA300D

Post by dodgepu1946 »

Picked this up last summer. Anyone got a solution for the missing drawer? Its setup to either have another the same size as the one above it or to remove that one and have a second larger one like the one below the empty spot.

Hogums

Re: Solutions for missing drawer KRA300D

Post by Hogums »

Looks like the only parts available from Snap On are the runners and small hardware. The only thing I can think of is fabrication or wait until a donor rolls by. Snap On used to provide dimensions in their parts catalogues for their storage units but they stopped doing this about ten years ago. If you had the dimensions, you could match up a drawer from another series unit that had the same dimensions. I'll look around. Would be nice to see it complete.
Hogums

Post by Hogums »

Here is a KRA400 which matches you unit (10 drawers). Here is the link: http://buy1.snapon.com/catalog/parts/pr ... _id=678103

I think this is what you have. Good luck.
Hogums

Post by Hogums »

WELL, IT LOOKS LIKE THE 400 SERIES is all ball bearing. Even the later 300 series up to kra77 have ball bearing slides. Snappy probably no longer stock runner type drawers. I'll look around my area. Part of the fun is the hunt.
dodgepu1946
Your Location: Minneapolis MN

Post by dodgepu1946 »

Thanks for the research. I've been trying to keep a watchful eye on our local craigslist and have a search saved on ebay but nothing has come up so far. I do have the slides too they are still in there.