Info on Replacement Handles for vintage Snap-on toolboxes

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
rbm
Your Location: Toronto, CANADA

Info on Replacement Handles for vintage Snap-on toolboxes

Post by rbm »

I purchased a Snap-on toolbox combination recently where the handles were missing from a couple boxes. I found replacements and thought I'd share what I learnt.

My mid drawer sectional KRA429F was missing pull handles. I found that a Monroe PMP PH-0300 weld-on pull handle fits perfectly. Since the plate is blank, holes will have to be drilled that align with the studs on the case. Each handle cost around $8.00 from Acklands-Grainger. These handles are used on other models of Snap-on boxes including KRA59F, etc.

My roll cart KRA545C was missing the grab handle. Since the original design handle is NLA, I ordered a Snap-on replacement grab handle, part number 5213x50pv. This handle also fit the provided studs perfectly. Cost is around $20.00.

Picture shows the Snap-on pull handle (lower) and the Monroe PMP handle (upper). Both handles are not yet finished but will be spray painted to match the colour of the toolbox.