KRA-398A Restoration-Mod, and help on parts ya wanna sell

A section for restoring tool boxes, advice or ratchet repair and how to care for tools.
Forum rules
Please make sure you've read the Rules and Etiquette Page, which spells out the rules and guidelines of this forum.
sempervincens13
Your Location: United States

KRA-398A Restoration-Mod, and help on parts ya wanna sell

Post by sempervincens13 »

Hello all. New to the forum. Looking forward to stalking all the builds/restorations. I found this KRA in poor shape, looked like it had been backed into and used as a engine stand. The locking mechanism was pushed in nearly @ 1.5 inch and the drawers in similar shape. Found nearly 100 rounds of 9mm and some literature of the adult variety from the 70's just waiting to be liberated from underneath the drawers...... So check out my pics, tell me what ya think. I plan on repairing/straightening all the sheet metal, going to abrasive blast the little guy and finish it off in the mean green powder with a light textured satin black on the drawers with the aluminum strips powdered in the mean green........ What I need a door handle and the mid 50's -early 60's snappy script. Thanks for your input and help :mrgreen:

I'll add pics this evening, mobile device is being useless.